Monday, July 5, 2010

A HEART THAT LIVES ON ART.
























A HEART THAT LIVES ON ART.

Went for a walk: found tall pine tree,
Wind-bent branches waving back at me;
And at my feet spread a holy ground,
A forest floor of cones and scales around;
Yes, sloughed off barklets clever-shaped, free!
To draw my eye to God who made the tree.

Ideas soon bloomed within my mind,
(Oh, wasn’t the Lord giving grace most kind?)
I gathered up curliques shaped cryptically,
Brought the chips home, thinking almost mystically.
Glued to sky blue paper, part by part,
To satisfy my heart that lives on art.
Thus I fashioned a whimsy spree,
While worshipping the God who made both me, and tree!

photos and text (c) 2010 by Marilee Miller

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a whimsy spree. Maybe tomorrow. I should try one tomorrow...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. curliques shaped cryptically

    i like those words together

    ReplyDelete

I would rejoice greatly to receive a comment from you, thanks.