Monday, May 28, 2012

Glory-Purple

.
/

Glory-Purple
.



Iris,
Color of glory,
Magnificent color,
Beauty gathered.
Not only whole-bloom wonder,
Glory-purple in every close-up
Snapshot that I take on iris-bloom-day.
Veiny velvet petals,
Crinkles and wrinkles.
Dimples and joy-samples,
Hard edges and softened lines.

                                                                          Iris,
Color of God-glory,
Magnificent Lord.
Everywhere, his beauty is slathered.
God has made the iris, to my wonder.
How can I but worship him
Who created drapes and crepes
To limn my hardish edges and softened lines
Until I, like the iris,
Become an example
Of God’s glorious designs.

///

poem and photos are copywrited


This post is shared with "Seedlings in Stone" and "Playdates with God"
On In Around button





3 comments:

  1. Love purple, love irises-lovely poem- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. The iris is one of my favorites--a love handed to me from my mother-in-law. You capture her beauty so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes! "How can I but worship him
    Who created drapes and crepes
    To limn my hardish edges and softened lines" Me too, dear MM, me too... Iris is a fave of mine too - they grew outside of my grandmother's home. This is so special, the pictures with the poem.

    ReplyDelete

I would rejoice greatly to receive a comment from you, thanks.