Sunday, April 11, 2010

Some Things I'm Thankful For




Some things I’m thankful for.

Ongoing knowledge about other people:
their ways, habits,
lifestyles, quirks, and blessedness.
Appreciation for the intricacy and complexity
of human body, mind, and spirit.
Enjoyment of God’s great earth, Nature,
and created things:
Sunshine and rain, flowers and trees,
valleys and hills and rivers and everything.
A comfortable house and good food --
and the strength to cook it.
My lovely pet cat.
A kindly, gentle, generous family.
Deeply Christian thoughtful insightful blogs and e-mails.
My proliferation of craft and art supplies inviting me
to go on hoping I can express my artistic side more fully,
wildly, and creatively -- someday.
Being in touch with the world by computer.
Any or all distractions from pain.
God’s friendship with all of us – including me!
My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who never gives up
on me, but promises always to hold my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would rejoice greatly to receive a comment from you, thanks.