Sunday, November 18, 2012

Delight

.
DELIGHT

 Potentilla,
Your tender little blossoms shine so sweetly
As you fulfill your God-ordained duty;
A quiet growth of  yellow petals greet me
And fill my heart fresh-full with beauty.


Thank you, Lord
For the humble glow of these, your dear flowers
Glimmered by sun and rinsed by showers;
I delight in the Lord who created each and all,
Yet find Your Divine Presence the best gift of all.

© 2012 by Marilee Miller   all rights reserved

This post is shared with Laura Boggess' "Playdates with God"



3 comments:

  1. "Potentilla" - Potent with Potential - I love words. Happy Thanksgiving, Marilee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know the name of this cheerful flower, Marilee :). And the best part about your poem? I now can hear your voice reading it to me :). The Happiest of Thanksgivings to you, my friend. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for teaching me the name of the lovely yellow flower...Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving, full of His joy and presence, Marilee :)

    ReplyDelete

I would rejoice greatly to receive a comment from you, thanks.