Monday, March 18, 2013

The Brightness of God

.

 Oh, bright primrose,
You speak to me of the brightness of God –
I worship the Lord for his fiery splendor;
He sent his Only Son, who arose
From the grave’s cold, rocky sod
To be our Savior and our Defender.

Oh, bright primrose,
Just glimpsing your glory is reason to laud!
I praise the Lord who created bright candor!
I believe that Father-Son-Spirit Power flows
To enable my life to reach its full blood.
Bless you, God, for all that I ponder!

Oh, bright primrose,
Your cheer heartens me: I no longer plod,
But lift high my head, doubts driven asunder.
God, because of your brightness, I propose
To keep walking your Way, so broad!
Thank you for gifting my sense of wonder.

(c) 2013 by Marilee Miller

This post is shared with "Playdates with God"

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I especially love the purposefulness of the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His "fiery splendor". Love that. Is this a form poem, Marillee? It flows so nicely. Would this be considered a sonnett? Well, whatever it is, it's lovely :). Thinking of you this week. Sending up prayers on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete

I would rejoice greatly to receive a comment from you, thanks.