Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Art of a Created Heart



.

THE ART OF A CREATED HEART

Old, dead dried out calla lily leaf –
Shouldn’t you just be tossed on refuse heap?
No, for papery texture of leafy part
Lends itself to pleasure of created art.
Leafy part, when scanned digitally,
Transforms into an artistic sort of tree.

Lord, pleasure yourself, breathe me anew,
Make my every effort a reflection of you.
Transform my papery wrinkled texture to art;
Breathe new life into my dead dried out heart.
I’ll no more be like old calla lily leaf
If you enhance the design of my God-belief.

photos and text
copyright 2011 by Marilee Miller

Feel free to link to this post, but please, no copying for public display without permission


This post is also shared with L L Barkat's Seedlings in Stone
On, In, and Around Mondays

and Laura Boggess' The Wellspring
Playdates with God

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. How do you think of these things? This is just lovely. What a gorgeous tree it turns out to be! Wouldn't it be neat as part of the illustrations in a children's book? Have you ever thought of doing one? With your art and words, it would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I would rejoice greatly to receive a comment from you, thanks.